• Grand marshal, best overall: Age Right Fitness.
• Most original: Robotics Team, first place; and Peter Boutie Presents, second place.
• Favorite antique car: William Payton, first place; and Fred Mitton, second.
• Old Hallowell Spirit: Hall-Dale class of 1974, first place; and Hallowell Citizens’ Initiative, second.
• Best merchant entry: Scrummy Afters Candy Shoppe, first place; and Kennebec Valley Humane Society, second.
• Best environmental theme: Hallowell Tree Board, first place; and Peace Brigade, second.
• Best youth group: Mainely/Decal Gymnastics, first place; and Hall-Dale Summer Recreation Program, second.
• Best neighborhood theme: Hallowell Bicycle/Pedestrian, first place; and Modern Woodsmen of America, second.
• Best performance, dance: Vicki’s School of Dance, first place; and Ampersand Dance Academy, second.
• Best performance, music: Manchester Community Church, first place; and Hallowell Community Band, second.
Most scrumptious: Julie Barrett of West Gardiner placed first for her strawberry shortcake cupcake; Lisa McGrotty of Hallowell placed second for her apple pie cupcake and third her her banana peanut butter cupcake.
Most unique: Sophie Gabrion of Hallowell placed first for her grilled cheese and tomato soup cupcake; Kaitlin and Nancy Clifford of Augusta placed second for their raspberry sauerkraut surprise cupcake; and Mark Doody of Westbrook placed third for his blueberry waffle with bacon maple frosting cupcake.
Ages 12 and younger: Macy Aube of Augusta placed first for her Macy’s Maine maple cupcake; Sam DeRaps of Richmond placed second for Sam’s special chocolate cupcake; and Renee Bernier of Augusta placed third for Renee’s raspberry cheesecake cupcake.
Ages 13 to 18: Anne Wallace of Hallowell placed first for her tropical beach cupcake; Athea Truman of Augusta placed second for her vegan chocolate Oreo cupcake; and Casey Colson of Augusta placed third for her confetti birthday cake with purple frosting cupcake.
Strut Your Stuff (professional baker): Amy Wilson of Farmingdale placed first for her piña colada cupcake.
Shelley Browne was the original Old Hallowell Day 2014 painting winner.
Traditional raffle winners were Dee Benn, Larry Davis, Ann Sullivan and Rosemary Presnar.
Dick Leighton placed first, Jessica Gagne, second, and Joel Gagne, third.
Tim Fortin and Blaine Fortin, first place; Tom Bourque and Brian Sumner, second; and Andy Vellani and John Steurewalt, third.